- Physical health
- Emotional health
- Mental health
- Circulation including brain
- Gut /GI
- Waterworks – both men and women
Everything in moderation
- Good basic principle
Exercise – 20 minutes 3 times per week
Diet – 3 meals with balance of food types
Alcohol ( if at all) – no more than 14 units/week. Best avoid spirits
Sun care – SPF 50 and don’t forget the ears and nose!
Sleep/rest – varies but there is a minimum requirement.
Get the checks
- Aged 50 or over – BP, weight, urine, cholesterol, annually, and over 60 add Q fit.
- Men – prostate tests and self-checks
- Women – smears and self-checks
- Important to recognise and affirm our emotions
- Important not to (completely)suppress our emotions
Sharing is ( self-) caring. Speak to someone
- Love and belonging. Significance. Freedom and Fun
- Keep your tanks full
How to fill an empty tank
- Know when to quit the day….
- Live in “day-tight compartments.”
- Phone a friend.
- Keep the routines but kill the to-do list.
- Remember to laugh.
- We live in a time of great progress, but it comes at a price.
- Never has there been so much constant stress our lives.
- Work, family, bills, wars, global warming.
How do I know if I am stressed?
Feel agitated, irritable, heart racing, sweating, breathing too fast, chest tight, stomach churning, possibly needing to run to the loo more often…..both ways!
Adrenaline causes this. Adrenaline has a good function.
How can you counteract Adrenaline?
Relax muscles groups
- It’s in your hands ( generally).
- Balance is key.
- Be proactive and not passive.
- Little effort can benefit lots.
- Aim for body mind and spirit in harmony.